Posted to rec.woodworking
DJ Delorie DJ Delorie is offline

Default Micro Adjustment of Table Saw Fence in increments as small as 0.001 inch. Demonstrated on SawStop T-Glide

whit3rd writes:
Yabbut... when I probe with feeler gages, I'm not feeling that the
drag from 0.017" blade is the same as the drag when inserting the
0.016" blade.

I got the same arguments when I built my router table with 0.001"
precision fence and lift systems. "But wood moves!" Yeah, but it won't
move *now* and these dovetails are sensitive to a few thou difference.
Plus, both pieces will move the same later.

Same with the TS, which now also has an 0.001" precision fence (finally
. It's not about being exactly one inch, it's about being exactly the
right size to fit other pieces. Your finger can detect a 0.001"
difference in height at a seam, for example, and if all the parts swell
together, that feelable seam will be feelable forever.