ameijers

Default Help!!! What is next step after Attorney sent addendum to landlord?

"Santa" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for your responses, appreciated. The builder's policy is buyer
has to sign first, then let the attorney review it, incase if the
buyer didn't like any of the clauses, then he can backout with full
amount.

I suspect you misunderstood what the document really is, or the builder is
guilty of unethical and possibly illegal strong-arm tactics. If it is
actually a contract, and not an application to apply for credit from their
in-house mortgage company or something, once you sign it, that is it. They
may have a 'policy' to let customers back out, but there would be no way to
enforce that unless it was spelled out in the document. IOW, all the power
is on their side. In some states, that would be enough to invalidate the
'meeting of minds' requirement for a valid contract.

If I was faced with a vendor pressuring me to sign paper like that before
they would even negotiate with me, I'd walk immediately, and tell everyone I
know about it. There are always other places to buy a house- no buyer should
put up with crap like that. Telling somebody they have to sign NOW before
their lawyer looks at it should be an automatic dealbreaker.

Standard disclaimer- IANAL, but I do play a Contracting Officer at work, and
had enough Contract Law courses to convince THEM I was qualified.

aem sends....