Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default OT: Any Muscians on the Panel?

On 10/03/2021 10:08 am, Scion wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2021 21:04:25 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 09/03/2021 12:26, Scion wrote:
Or "Take Five". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9Eh8wNMkw

I take it you haven't heard about the story of the album?

Take five is only the best known track from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Out_(album)

"it is based upon the use of time signatures that were unusual for jazz"

Andy

No, I hadn't heard the story of the album. Thanks for the link - an
interesting read.

Now listening to Time Out on Spotify.

There's another on the same theme: "Time Further Out".

Try "Unsquare Dance" from that one. It's in 7/4 and you will probably
find it familiar. It's frequently used as background music in TV
documentaries (and a few times on adverts, if I recall correctly).