Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default 'Right to repair' law to come in this summer

On 10/03/2021 12:52, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 10/03/2021 12:43, Fredxx wrote:

It already has done that in the car industry - where pattern parts
are de jure...

All that has happened is that the price of new cars and service
labour has increased, as a result.

Can you cite any link to show that to be the case?

The consumer hasn't really won

It makes repair much easier and cheaper if there are multiple
independent sources of the same component, rather than being a dealer
only part.

You know about current model BMW (traditional engine, not electric) car
batteries?

Only swappable by dealers with software.

I was aware of that, down to their smart charging.

I would be very surprised if the car would stop if you simply changed
the battery. Or if it didn't learn the new battery characteristic over
time. BICBW