Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Any Muscians on the Panel?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2021 16:51:11 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 09/03/2021 12:26 pm, Scion wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 21:36:01 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/03/2021 20:16, JNugent wrote:

The rhythm of the song flows at a constant underlying 4/4, but the
lead guitarist finishes a phrase on a totally-unexpected beat.

As someone else has said, there are lots of songs with odd bars of
time signature other than the main one for the song. A good example
was the Bobbie Gentry version of "I'll Never Fall In Love Again",
which was in 4/4 but had one bar of 5/4 under the last line of the
chorus (as per the title).

If you want odd time listen to "Golden Brown".

There's a fair bit of 5/4 in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-GUjA67mdc

Or "Take Five". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9Eh8wNMkw

"Take Five" is in 5/4 all the way through.

"Three To Get Ready" (same album) has an intro in 3/4 but the main theme
alternates two bars of 3/4 and two of 4/4.

Perhaps we'd better not get into "Blue Rondo á la Turk"!

Or the "Mission Implausible" theme.