Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Agents fees

On Tuesday, 9 March 2021 at 15:45:07 UTC, Denzil pc wrote:
We have our house up for sale with a local agent however we have been offered the asking price by a neighbour! Can we withdraw from the agent without paying a fee we were sole agency

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-3103532-.htm

You are going to have to read the contract you signed, I suspect you have agreed to at least 6 months and if a sale goes through within 6 months of cancelling the agent from a buyer introduced by the agent you will owe the agent their fees. As to your neighbour did he make the offer before a sales board went up or the listing was put up on the internet. If not it could be argued that the agent even though not contacted could claim they have introduced the buyer. You are probably better posing your question on the many legal usenet sites.

Richard