Posted to alt.home.repair
GregT GregT is offline

Default Ice Maker - Electrical Connections

First of all I noticed on my refrigerator that the solenoids don't make much noise, almost none.

If you want to check the solenoid for your ice maker and you have a water dispenser that works on the front of your refrigerator, swap the two electrical connectors on the solenoid. Now you can use the paddle that normally controls the water dispenser to switch the ice maker solenoid. Remove the ice maker end of the water line and put it in a bucket, push the water dispenser paddle, and check to see if water is being dispensed into the bucket.

Don't forget to swap the electrical connectors back and reattach the ice maker water line when you're finished with the test.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-298878-.htm