Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hem Jung Hem Jung is offline

Default Eneloop D adapter help

On 3/6/21 8:38 PM, Hem Jung wrote:
I've switched some of my devices to Eneloop AA's in Eneloop D adapter
cells.Â* The problem I'm having is that sometimes the cells don't seem to
be making good contact with the device battery terminals.Â* It's not
corrosion, the positive terminal on the Eneloop D is quite small and I
believe is the culprit causing intermittent if not positioned correctly.
Â*Is there anything I can do to improve the positive Eneloop D adapter
contact with the device positive terminals?

My solution turned out to be modifying the actual D cell holder itself
and not touching the battery adapters. I simply screwed in a couple of
bolts with head sizes larger in area that the original positive
terminals. Then, cut off the thread part of the bolt ends and sealed
off with liquid electrical tape to offset any short possibility.
Problem solved.

By the way, some suggested using the right battery for the right job.
To my knowledge, Eneloop doesn't make a D cell. Others do, but I only
trust Eneloop. They do have multi AA to D adapters, but for the small
amount of current drawn, I went with a single AA to D this time around.