Art

Default Whirlpool Duet Washer Problems?

Before giving up on the washer you might want to put a piece of 3/4 inch
plywood under it. May solve the problem. Also the washers may be defective
in that I had one with a defective cabinet which sears had to take back.
Welding was no good on bottom. Replacement was fine.

If you paid by chargecard and feel the item is defective you might ask the
charge card company if you have any options with them. Some cards will back
you up against bad merchandise

If you live near Raleigh, NC and the dryer is a gas dryer I might be
interested in the dryer.

bottomline though is that these washers shake more than top loaders and the
Maytag frontloade which I also owned and recently gave to my parents when I
bought the Elite from Sears.

By the way, this is another reason why I purchase stuff like this from
Sears. They will meet the bestbuy price and take it back if you don't like
it.

"Coop" wrote in message
Ok, I purchased the Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer set and the
pedestals through Best Buy in March 2004 and installed them in my new
house. The Washer shook like crazy once it hit high spin speed. I
returned it to Best Buy and got another one. Second one did the same
thing. I had a Whirlpool tech come out and check it out. He put a
glass of water in front of the washer to test the floor. The washer
shook and the water didn't move. He found out that Whirlpool had
since made a kit for the washer to help with the vibration so he
installed that. It improved the situation, but we still cannot run it
on high speed. We have since moved into an apartment (different
floor) and we still are having the same vibration problems.

I want to get rid of these machines and try a different manufacturer.
Best Buy is talking like they may only be able to replace the washer
with their 'Lemon Policy'. I am in the process of contacting
Whirlpool.

Anybody know how I can just get rid of these machines and get all or
most of my money back? Thanks!