Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default OT: Getting a tradesman

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 13:16:00 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 16:18:02 +0000, rick
wrote:

On 02/03/2021 09:23, AnthonyL wrote:
I dread every time I have to try and get something done.

Roofers are the worst trade to engage.

I had a brand new house, one part of verge pointing needed correction
(his fault) .... continually told , later in week, next week, never got
him to return.

On a separate out building had 2 different guys both advise quick job,
will call in one weekend .... keep calling texting ... keep being told
next week or 2 ...... been 2 years !

The issue is many guys who call themselves roofers are not via an
apprentice scheme they are are just guys who have ladders, as per
another poster - full of shoddy workmen.
There are good skilled roofers - no doubt, but with no regulatory system
.... difficult to find for repair.

Got someone coming around now on Monday. Will arrive in a van with
the company's name on it. I'm hopeful that he might actually stay
long enough to look at the job.

Watch this space!

He came as agreed. Company has been going 20+yrs, details on
Companies House. Went all around the house talking and explaining, on
the roofs, suggested what could be done about my spalling chimney
bricks too.

Next step is for a quote to arrive, due by the end of the week.

Watch this space!

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?