Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Sandbags for slope stabilistion

On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 13:52:48 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 12:15:33 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

Thanks, looks a good shout and am tempted to mix and match with
sandbags. I'll have a closer look.

Sandbags get to look awfully tatty in a fairly short time. I'd go with
gab ions of the appropriate size, filled with a mix of soil and
stones, and plant rock-plants into the exposed faces.

It's not a part of the garden that is ever going to be seen. Though
rock plants etc would help with re-establishing some vegetation.
Ideally I'd like something that would inhibit the ivy from spreading.
Ivy is everywhere across the properties on that bank right to the top.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?