Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Sandbags for slope stabilistion

On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 17:26:13 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 15:32:57 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

It is quite a difficult location to get a good view of what has
happened.

That's a steep slope. I'm not sure how you're going to position
gabions or sandbags on it to hold it back.

But another approach would be to use a cover of deep-rooted plants to
anchor and stabilise the soil. Vinca, Lamium maculatum (Dead Nettle)
and especially Crown Vetch come to mind. A description of Crown Vetch
and its use, here
https://tinyurl.com/y9xjgyhm (OK, so it's an
American description, but it works just as well over here!)
Get seeds here https://tinyurl.com/ycjq2zbs

Thanks Chris. The underlying surface is rock. I think there is now
an area just up from the retaining wall that looks like a bit of a
hollow and I might look at putting something substantial there so I
can build up a bit of soil behind. I'm not sure deep-rooted is going
to work as there is nowhere for deep roots to go, which is why the
vegetation that has tumbled down didn't hold on to its position.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?