Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting Shed Interior

Or dod an insulation job inside and paint over that. Depends what its going
to be used for.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/03/2021 05:45, Emma wrote:
Hi
I have a garden shed recently purchased. Standard shiplap diptreated. I
have already painted the exterior after it was assembled last early
autumn with creosote. As the weather now improves, I'm looking to paint
the interior with cupranol in a nice bright shade. My question is how do
I prevent this very light colour seeping through the joining etc to the
exterior very dark colour... Aside from 'being careful and not loading my
brush, is there any tips you may have that I'm overlooking?

Solvent based wood preservers like original Cuprinol) tend to sink in - so
usually lighter shades don't cover darker ones particularly. However some
of the modern water based wax loaded ones might since they tend to form a
coating on the surface.

So either go for a solvent based one in a light colour, or fill all the
board joints on the inside with decorators caulk or similar.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |