Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Alternative group on MeWe

Robin wrote

MeWe has set out to be different by not selling users' data or
advertising. Their business model is to generate income by charging a
subscription for extra services - e.g. cloud storage and video calling.
I'd like to see it succeed but doubt it will: most people have grown used
to not paying money for such things.

Yeah, same with news and bank accounts.

On 07/03/2021 10:21, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well whoever you go with, if its free then you won't get much, You will
always be theproduct, if anything the afore mentioned tells it like it
is.
Nothing costs nothing. I do wonder how long before the last few free news
servers get turned off.
I have other reasons for liking this form as it means I do not have to
learn different formats for the guy on every group I go to, they are all
the same.
I'm afraid unless you pay directly to belong to a service, when you
should
expect privacy, then you are going to be part of the data they sell to
keep
themselves going.
Brian

--