Chuckles

Default Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat

Maintain.

There is a 1 or 2 degree dead zone, of course, and that may be settable
as well (it is settable in my Totaline thermostat). 1 degree dead zone
means that, for example, if your heat setpoint is 72, it will turn on at
71 and turn off at 72. So there is a 1 degree temperature swing. It can
never maintain the temeprature exactly or it would be turning on and off
every second.

(Gary) wrote in
om:

Chuckles,

(I tried to post a follow-up to your response on Google.com but I kept
getting "Internal Error" messages so I decided to contact you
directly).

I know what "morning", "day", "evening" and "night" mean.

But what is a "setpoint"? Is it the temperature at which the A/C (or
heater) is to TURN ON or is it the temperature the A/C (or heater) is
to MAINTAIN?