Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rod Cutting

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 4:05:28 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
I am looking for a better faster way to cut or shear 304 stainless rod.
From 1/8 upto maybe 3/8. Certainly 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 & 5/16. I need to
be able to maintain predictable lengths. Larger than 3/8 its probably
just as easy to do it on the lathe, because I have to radius one end
anyway.

The abrasive chop saw is the fastest I've tried in my shop, but the ends
need a horrible amount of work. Bandsaw is slow and/or dangerous
depending on setup.

Have you tried 3M Cubitron in your chop saw? I think that is the best way at a reasonable price. But the abrasive makes a huge difference. If you have not used 3M Cubitron try it.

Dan