Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Central Machinery quality?

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:09:30 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/5/2021 9:03 PM, Bob D wrote:
Taiwanese tool products are generally made with "potted"/casted metal of
what I'll call a ****-poor alloy composition...weak metal/untrue surfaces

You cannot generalize on quality based on country of manufacture. Sawstop is made in Taiwan and their products are top shelf quality.

Bob

Correct. China is in outer space. Pot metal probably does not work there.
This is not a sign of quality by any stretch but some GM Buick's are
made in China

Some people will not buy quality, that is why the Asian stuff is available.

For that matter, a lot of power tools, Milwaukee is one, are made in China.

It is all to do with required specifications.

Almost everything has a Made in China or a California Cancer warning label.

I wonder if the Welcome to California road signs, at the border, have a
Cancer warning label. Those annual fires and the smoke can't be good
for you. There should certainly be a Cancer warning label on the fire
trucks.

Maybe that's going a little far but I'll guarantee that there are
Prop-65 warnings on fire extinguishers. ...and likely on PPE, too.