Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

On 3/6/2021 4:15 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 1:21:16 AM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice
shiny new Peerless from Amazon. The problem is that due to
Kalifornia's water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill
the coffeepot and several minutes to fill the sink to wash dishes. WHO
KNEW?

You fill the sink to wash dishes? Get a dish pan (or better yet, a dishwasher).

Local plumbing supply place said there was nothing to be done. I
suppose I could return it and get an out-of-state friend to order a
NORMAL one and then send it to us, but that's laying the problem on an
innocent bystander.

Perhaps not. Manufacturers tend to prefer to make one design, so
we all suffer when Kalifornia runs out of water. I just checked Amazon
(I'm in Michigan, where the concept of wasting water is pretty much a
puppet show) and the first Peerless I found said "CA Prop 65 Compliant".

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...

It probably depends on the particular design of the faucet.

I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Actually, I do just stand there and watch a faucet run water down the drain,
while I'm waiting for the hot water to arrive.

Don't get us started on the CARB gas cans.

Cindy Hamilton

Have you considered running that water into a container and using it
to water your house plants ? If it takes more than ten seconds to get
hot water , you need a point of use heater to supplement the main unit -
we did this because the run to the kitchen sink was taking too long to
get hot water to the dishwasher , plus that water wasn't hot enough when
it got there .
As far as the new gas cans go , I found a design that has a
telescoping spout , the tip is in the tank neck before the gas flows . I
did remove the "safety latch" ...
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.