Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default OT: Getting a tradesman

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 16:18:02 +0000, rick
wrote:

On 02/03/2021 09:23, AnthonyL wrote:
I dread every time I have to try and get something done.

Roofers are the worst trade to engage.

I had a brand new house, one part of verge pointing needed correction
(his fault) .... continually told , later in week, next week, never got
him to return.

On a separate out building had 2 different guys both advise quick job,
will call in one weekend .... keep calling texting ... keep being told
next week or 2 ...... been 2 years !

The issue is many guys who call themselves roofers are not via an
apprentice scheme they are are just guys who have ladders, as per
another poster - full of shoddy workmen.
There are good skilled roofers - no doubt, but with no regulatory system
.... difficult to find for repair.

Got someone coming around now on Monday. Will arrive in a van with
the company's name on it. I'm hopeful that he might actually stay
long enough to look at the job.

Watch this space!

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?