Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Getting a tradesman

In article ,
Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
AnthonyL posted
I dread every time I have to try and get something done.

My roof etc needs attention:-

1. Email response Sunday will come tomorrow. Came here, clearly
didn't want to be here. Didn't want to go on roof (I've come in the
car so got no ladders), said he couldn't do anything for 5 months
(feedback on the website said he was doing jobs within days), he
didn't like my attitude and after 10mins walked away without saying a
further word.

Whereabouts are you? Here in East Devon we get that all the time. It
wasn't so bad in London, provided you were prepared to deal with people
you didn't know.

Not so sure about that - I'm in London. Wanted an existing Victorian sash
window converted to double glazing. A couple of neighbours used the same
small firm to do this and they made a very good job. So contacted them
autumn last year. They had a look and gave me a price but said it would be
January before they could start on it. But didn't want strangers in the
house during Covid, so put them off. I've now had the vaccine, so they
came yesterday to make templates. They then make new double glazed sashes
in their workshop. And said they will fit them in May. ;-)

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.