Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 6 AA cell battery holder

In article ,
AJH wrote:
In article ,
AJH wrote:
In common with my ancient Ryobi 18V drill 4 of the cells are in the D
section leg that plugs in the handle and the othe two at right angles at
the bottom. Having something sticking out a bit further is no great
problem so I thought of trying 2 strings of 3 2500mA AA Nimh but cannot
find a battery holder.

Don't think a battery holder that allows the cells to be changed will work
well. For best results the cells need to have welded connections.
Re-chargeables can supply a lot more current than alkaline.

Yes but for my occasional use the heat from the resistance between
cells may not be an issue, it just means I can carry on using the tool
rather than dispose of it.

Think you'll find the performance so poor you'll no longer want to.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.