Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Faulty VHS

Sounds more like switching at fault. Is it mechanical or one of those awful
diode switching gizmos.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I've got two VHS players. One works fine.

The other is a Philips VR 608. Been used very little. It was bought purely
to play NTSC VHS tapes - my main machine, a Panasonic S-VHS wouldn't.

On powering up, get the welcome screen. Can select the setup menu too.
Connected via SCART, selecting that input routes the TV video and audio
back to the TV. Tape loads and runs - but no pic or audio. Checked the
combi head with a baby bud and AF spray - perfectly clean - as is the
entire inside.

With something that age I'd suspect the PS, a SMPS. But no test points
marked on the PCB. But since the electronics mostly work and the motors
etc too, could there be one supply not working?

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled? *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.