Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low-profile electricals

On 04/03/2021 18:39, wrote:
On 04/03/2021 18:05, Bert Coules wrote:
ARW wrote:

But why not just do away with the double socket, joint through with
wago connectors and run a bit of 2.5mm T&E to the new socket and fit
a 2g blanking plate over the old socket?

That's probably the most straightforward suggestion so far; thanks, Adam.

I did exactly the same thing today as part of the round tuit to finish
the utility room. The washing machine socket would have been behind the
sink so a couple of horizontal cuts with a multi tool, some SDS bashing,
some out of date bonding and a little bit of "easy fill" - 2 hours from
start to end, and a little painting tomorrow.

I did similar to extend a cat 5 cable from an upstairs bedroom to the
kitchen. had to remove a couple of square feet of plasterboard to allow
access to drill diagonally down to where the socket was required in te
kitchen...ended up with lots of filler and sanding..well that room is
now nearly redecorated all over. Which it had coming anyway
--
WOKE is an acronym... Without Originality, Knowledge or Education.