Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Walliker John Walliker is offline

Default Mobile signal booster

On Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 11:53:56 UTC, rick wrote:
On 02/03/2021 18:45, michael adams wrote:
Me and my neighbour both get a poor mobile signal. The sound is
distorted even if rings my mobile from next door on his mobile. Quite
possibly it only happens at certain times of day but we can not be http://www.polqa.info/products.html
certain, as they say. Would a decent mobile signal booster solve this?

I have both Vodafone and EE signal boosters .... what they do is give
you in effect a local cell, your phone connects to it by WiFi and it
routes your calls over Broadband.
Probably be discontinued in near future, as WiFi calling now supported.

No, they use a 3G GSM transceiver, not WiFi.

John