Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJH[_3_] AJH[_3_] is offline

Default 6 AA cell battery holder

After very many years my Kamasa 4" 7.4V battery grinder has a defunct
6 AA NiCad battery. I recelled it in 2013 with the 2/3 C 2Ah cells.

In common with my ancient Ryobi 18V drill 4 of the cells are in the D
section leg that plugs in the handle and the othe two at right angles at
the bottom. Having something sticking out a bit further is no great
problem so I thought of trying 2 strings of 3 2500mA AA Nimh but cannot
find a battery holder.

Nearest is 2 Bulgin BX0013/1 in parallel but that would cost nigh on to
30quid, any other DIY options, maybe fabricating something from plastic
pipes?

The other option is to treat myself to a 115mm brushless angle grinder
but that seems a bit overkill for my purposes, I have 5" and 9" 240V
angle grinders.