Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default OT: Getting a tradesman

On 02/03/2021 09:23, AnthonyL wrote:
I dread every time I have to try and get something done.

Roofers are the worst trade to engage.

I had a brand new house, one part of verge pointing needed correction
(his fault) .... continually told , later in week, next week, never got
him to return.

On a separate out building had 2 different guys both advise quick job,
will call in one weekend .... keep calling texting ... keep being told
next week or 2 ...... been 2 years !

The issue is many guys who call themselves roofers are not via an
apprentice scheme they are are just guys who have ladders, as per
another poster - full of shoddy workmen.
There are good skilled roofers - no doubt, but with no regulatory system
..... difficult to find for repair.