Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amazon Prime - inertia selling?

Not tried the app. The only time you do need to be careful is if you enable
single click buying and do it via the Amazon echo device, as although you do
need your code, often the prime setting is a little vague. Indeed its almost
as vague as the various subscriptions for music unlimited.
For the record its 3.99 for one device, any ability to share on other
devices, ie have your music playing in other rooms or to get it to pay from
another device is 9.99, then it gets confusing as there is a family plan
which means you can play more than one track on multiple machines at the
same time, plus a high definition stream which costs more still, then of
course there are discounts if you sign up to prime.
Quite why its so complicated eludes me. After all streaming your music to
more than one device is still only you listening, so why the price hike?
I guess there is some marketing drone somewhere working it all out on a
vast payroll.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Are you sure, on the web site at least I've never had such an experience,
indeed before check out it will ask you if you want to continue. Maybe
its like that in the app or something.

Its actually the reverse here. I did want the prime free trial
because it was coming from the USA and prime gets you
a cheaper shipping rate and faster. Couldn’t work out how
to sign up for the free prime trial on the app, had to do
that on the browser.

"pinnerite" wrote in message
news:20210303182348.ca9093534f36931cc581e2f8@gmail .com...
I found a "subscription" charge for £7.99 marked Amazon Prime.
I have never knowingly signed up.

I think it might be one of those almost-concealed bits of wording that
could easily be missed.
Next, you've got a monthly £7.99 charge!

I think this amounts to inertia selling which is illegal under both UK
and EU law.

I am determined to follow thus up.

--
Mint 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-42-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.