Posted to rec.woodworking
Emanuel Berg[_2_] Emanuel Berg[_2_] is offline

Default pondering drafting and other "old techs"

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Because you had already considered a number of the possible
issue which might come up. I want a garden shed. I'm on my
third or forth iteration of "I could do it this way.,,"
which is a heck of a lot cheaper than "just starting" and
realizing that "I'm not sure what I wanted, but this
isn't it."

"I should have put this over there, oriented that way, then
the other could fit in that space, and I'd have this area
here "clear"."

Some people like to plan and some people like to act.
Only planning, never doing anything, or only doing things on
instinct - those extremes I think are bad, but anything in
between is up for anyone to make up their own mix, and with
time and experience most people seem to land somewhere that
works for them.

BTW, if you draw a drawing according to formal methods and
with proper tools, does that count as planning or
effectuating? To me it sounds almost like doing stuff which is
what I prefer...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573