Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need Help Identifying Ceramic Capacitor

wrote:

========================
Phil - Appreciate the input and link to Mouser. I've contemplated replacing with a 3-prong cord but

there seems to be some who say a two prong is better for a sound generator as to not pick up any
interference off the ground from other devices. I'm a hobbyist so my depth of knowledge isn't so
deep as to accept or refute their claims so I've just left it for now. Cheers. -Norm

** Warning:

The case of the unit will be floating at * 60volts AC* with no safety ground attached.

That AC voltage ( with plenty of noise) will be coupled via 0.02 uF into the ground of any earthed reciever.
Likely make it hum and buzz audibly.

Your RF gene has only a 400Hz output for convenience.

Earthing it is way safer.

....... Phil