Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mobile signal booster

"michael adams" wrote in message
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 02/03/2021 20:29, Chris Green wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
michael adams wrote:
Me and my neighbour both get a poor mobile signal. The sound is
distorted
even if rings my mobile from next door on his mobile. Quite possibly
it
only happens at certain times of day but we can not be certain, as
they
say. Would a decent mobile signal booster solve this?

Depending on your network, some providers will give/sell you a device
route calls through your own broadband via a picocell.

My sister has one as her house is in a mobile phone €śnot-spot€ť with
abysmal
signal strength on all networks.

If your network doesnt have such devices, change to one that has.

They're getting more and more difficult to get nowadays

Yes, Wifi calling is the new way.

Although we are close my phone can't pick up his wifi because the walls
insulation uses heat reflective metal foil.

It isnt his wifi it uses, its yours.

Should I use a powerline adapter to bring the signal from his router into
my house?

Nope, see above.