Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Amazon Prime - inertia selling?

On 03/03/2021 18:23, pinnerite wrote:
I found a "subscription" charge for £7.99 marked Amazon Prime.
I have never knowingly signed up.

I think it might be one of those almost-concealed bits of wording that could easily be missed.
Next, you've got a monthly £7.99 charge!

I think this amounts to inertia selling which is illegal under both UK and EU law.

I am determined to follow thus up.

Some goods are now subscription on Amazon and often the default tick
setting is NOT "one time purchase".

Random Example (note the default is a 4 times a year subscription)

https://tinyurl.com/47dadzyr

Check your Amazon order record for anything that may be consumed on a
regular basis - in the above example Vitamin D tablets but I've seen
cleaning products and pet treats with the same type of listing.