Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Boiler change consideration

On 03/03/2021 11:31, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 March 2021 at 11:00:09 UTC, rick wrote:
After another 6 days with no heating ..... boiler repaired under
maintenance cover (burner, burner door, seal & electrodes), but thinking
it's time to look at replacing .... becoming pretty unreliable.
Its now 22 years old.
Its a 30kW Heat only wall mounted gas condensing boiler - connected to a
pressurised thermal store.

I need a standard/Heat only ..... can't use as system boiler (as thermal
store control need to manage pump)

You can get system boilers without a pump, we had a Bosch Greenstar at the last house and the pump was separate, in fact sited some distance from the boiler. It is Combi boilers that usually come with an integrated pump. A friend of mine who had a thermal store had a very similar arrangement to yours with a Bosch boiler.

Richard

OK ... I thought all System boilers had expansion vessel & pump built in
..... my misunderstanding.