Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default OT

On 03/03/2021 16:33, tim... wrote:

and whilst it seems that I can buy things, I can't log onto my account
details to inspect them unless I verify myself

by clicking on the link :-(

I've just initiated the process to turn this off

which is sad because in principle I like to have this level of security.
But I can't have it, because some numpty company have implement it on
the basis that "everyone" owns a smart phone, don't they?

Well No, that's why no-one else implements it this way

That sounds nuts.

Why not vote with feet? You don't have to use this shopping service.

OTOH, if you do, then don't let them store a card number.

If you must, then credit card only, NOT debit.
They have unlimited access to ya bank account.

--
Adrian C