Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default OT

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
news
In message , tim...
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:gZSdnYJ5yrj5p6D9nZ2dnUU78KHNnZ2d@brightview .co.uk...
On 01/03/2021 16:35, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , tim...
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , tim...
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , tim...
writes

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 27/02/2021 11:03, John Towill wrote:
Sad to say the scammers have won, they have made it incredibly
difficult to operate a savings account on line, blast and damn
them

The government are remarkably releuctant to issue Covid vaccine
passports but have done nothing about the fact that for all
practical purpose you have to own a mobile phone as banks like
to use them to verify who you are.

doesn't need to be a smart phone though

my candy bar works perfectly well for such verification

Huh! Amazon 2 factor requires me to click a link:-(

last time I looked

Amazon wasn't a bank

Indeed. Same assumption that all customers have a smart phone though.

I'm not sure what you did that required a Smartphone

my last order was made entirely on my laptop

and the delivery indication came as an SMS to my dumb phone

They already had my mobile number.

The general tone from the guy on their help line was invoking 2FA is an
inertia action. A bit like prime.

He didn't say but the inference was you have to actively reject it or
chose SMS / *click link*.

Is it a case that you can't log into the Amazon site from a PC without
using the 2FA?

you can certainly log on

just done it

you can add things to a basket

can't verify whether you need it to complete such a purchase

I have nothing I want to buy ATM

Have you given them a mobile phone number?

I must have done

I got a "the driver is outside your door" text message