Posted to uk.d-i-y
#Paul #Paul is offline

Default OT

Rod Speed wrote:
#Paul wrote
Rod Speed wrote:

Bull**** with the best fingerprint and
facial recognition on your phone.

Why is it you think your phone is trustworthy?

Because I realise that apple goes out of its way to ensure that
there is no way to get your biometric data out of the phone.

Especially if it's an android,

It isnt.

OK. To directly quote your good self, you said
"on your phone". You did not say "on my phone",
or "on Apple phones".

Your use of "your phone" means that what you wrote
(even if perhaps not what you meant) was referring
to phones used by other people; and (smart)phones
used by "other" people are, by a great majority,
Android phones.

If you want to make a statement about your own
smartphone-based security situation, or about that
of those who have Apple phones, then don't phrase
it as a general remark that reads as if applicable
to (most) other people.

Lastly, another quote:

Bull**** with the best fingerprint and
facial recognition on your phone.

There is no reason particular to believe that Apple
(since they are now brought into the discussion)
has notably better fingerprint or recognition than
other comparable types of phone.

But what counts here is that they have a better and
more tightly controlled security model; so it is that
which would have been the thing to menion, i.e. perhaps

"Bull**** with a securely designed and recently
updated iphone like mine"

#Paul