rs

Default Ideas to silence an AC ?

The thing is, it's not a window unit, it's a thru-the-wall unit. I saw
the consumer reports reviews, but they didn't bother giving advice about
those types (which, invariably, I find what CR is about - givign advise
on things I truly don't need it, like digital cameras and computers, and
not giving advice for the thigns I need ;/ )

Taking back won't be easy, but if the Panasonics were *quiet*, I'd try,
mount them in a window, and stuff up the hole in the wall. Are they quiet?

Ray

Jim Kent wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:09:57 GMT, rs wrote:

Just bought a new AC, a 2003 model Frigidaire, 10'000 btu,
thru-the-wall. Paid $500 for it,

I'd take that sucker back if you can. You should be able to buy *two*
10KBTU window units for $500. Next time, think Panasonic, maybe
Sharp. The most recent Consumer Reports had a nice report on window
units, so a trip to the library might be in order.