Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Gas supply to new boiler - legalities?

On 02/03/2021 23:57, Fredxx wrote:
On 02/03/2021 23:28, Nick wrote:
Hello all,

I need to reboiler my place.
The boiler is at least 45 years old and obviously cannot last forever.
I am somewhat older and the same conditions apply.

The supply to existing boiler is 1/2" steel pipe.
I'm told that I need to have a 22mm supply for a new condensing boiler.
The routing of existing pipework cannot be followed without
demolishing about half of the interior of the house. I'm not willing
to do that.

Would it be legal to run the majority of the pipework in armoured
rubber/flexible pipe?

The last metre or two at each end would be in metal tubing. All above
ground at high level (2M) and nothing external to the house.

I would appreciate your views.

Many thanks,
Nick.

It is a great shame that the website
Â* http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk
is still down as it includes pressure drop calculations of pipe runs.

Accessible of sorts through the wayback machine (the search won't work)

https://web.archive.org/web/20200217...heating_design

--
Adrian C