Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Mobile signal booster

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 03/03/2021 10:25, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Who knows but in my experience, the booster itself will not help unless its
receiving antenna
can get a good signal from the nearest cell and the phones affected. If
that is not the case then you are wasting your money.
Brian

There are (at least) two sort of devices used.

Ones which have an external directional high gain cellular antenna and
then rebroadcast it again in band inside the home and ones which do some
sort of Internet redirection over your landline broadband eg

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=CaseDoc,Case=obj(5440)

If that link actually works I will be amazed.
Try this one or Google femtocell and Three.

https://www.tubblog.co.uk/blog/tech-guides/using-a-three-home-signal-femtocell-to-improve-a-mobile-phone-signal-2/

They are fairly rare now and you do need to be on Three. I expect the
other network operators have something similar hidden on a webpage.

There's Vodaphone "Sure Signal"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England