Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Boiler change consideration

After another 6 days with no heating ..... boiler repaired under
maintenance cover (burner, burner door, seal & electrodes), but thinking
it's time to look at replacing .... becoming pretty unreliable.
Its now 22 years old.
Its a 30kW Heat only wall mounted gas condensing boiler - connected to a
pressurised thermal store.

I need a standard/Heat only ..... can't use as system boiler (as thermal
store control need to manage pump)

Want to replace with 'similar' .... I did like idea of Vaillant boilers
with SS heat exchangers - but only offer these in System boilers.

Couple of heatings guys advised that current range of Baxi is now vastly
improved ..... so could use Baxi Heat 800
Though only with aluminium heat exchanger (but with 10 yr warranty)

I did ask on another forum .. the answer there is to use the Dutch
boilers by Intergas, but there are no local Intergas approved installers
When I have asked British Gas/SSE and independent GasSafe guys they have
never come across one.

Thoughts on the Baxi Heat ? or other Heat only models to consider