Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile signal booster

On 02/03/2021 21:10, charles wrote:
In article , Michael Chare
wrote:
On 02/03/2021 20:29, Chris Green wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
michael adams wrote:
Me and my neighbour both get a poor mobile signal. The sound is
distorted even if rings my mobile from next door on his mobile. Quite
possibly it only happens at certain times of day but we can not be
certain, as they say. Would a decent mobile signal booster solve
this?

Depending on your network, some providers will give/sell you a device
to route calls through your own broadband via a picocell.

My sister has one as her house is in a mobile phone €not-spot€˘ with
abysmal signal strength on all networks.

If your network doesn€˜t have such devices, change to one that has.

They're getting more and more difficult to get nowadays

Yes, Wifi calling is the new way.

and works very well.

and works *pretty* well,unless you have marginal reception when the
stupidPhone„˘ will always pick bad cellular over good wifi...

Put it in aeroplane mode and it will ignore cellular signals. You just
have to remember to enable it again when you go out. My home reception
is pretty marginal so for best battery life I put it into Wifi only.

It helps save power not to have it go - no signal, "ET phone home" at
maximum possible transmit power on a regular basis. My battery life app
also shows effective signal level the correlation is very striking.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown