Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile signal booster

On 02/03/2021 20:00, Tim+ wrote:
michael adams wrote:
Me and my neighbour both get a poor mobile signal. The sound is distorted
even if rings my mobile from next door on his mobile. Quite possibly it
only happens at certain times of day but we can not be certain, as they
say. Would a decent mobile signal booster solve this?

Depending on your network, some providers will give/sell you a device to
route calls through your own broadband via a picocell.

My sister has one as her house is in a mobile phone €śnot-spot€ť with abysmal
signal strength on all networks.

If your network doesnt have such devices, change to one that has.

Now that many phones support calling over Wifi the picocell offerings
have become redundant. You might still get one second hand though.

Don't whatever you do buy one of the passive things to put your phone on
like I once did. It attaches to a high gain antenna and is supposed to
close couple the phone to it. Came from a reputable supplier but I
noticed that they stopped selling it after too many complaints.

Nothing wrong the the yagi - it works fine on a Mifi pebble. Pointing is
fiddly but it turns just barely connected to a solid high speed link.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown