Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT

#Paul wrote
Rod Speed wrote:

Bull**** with the best fingerprint and
facial recognition on your phone.

Why is it you think your phone is trustworthy?

Because I realise that apple goes out of its way to ensure that
there is no way to get your biometric data out of the phone.

Especially if it's an android,

It isnt.

given the almost universally poor
update provision for them.

Which is one of the reasons it isnt an android.

For that matter, why is it you trust the
fingerprint & facial recognition algorithms?

Because they have been very thoroughly tested
and no one has been able to fool them.

Or, and merely as a parting shot, you understand, why
is it you assume the guy who might have just nicked
your phone doesn't know anyone who can help out?

I know that there is no one who can help out given
that even the FBI couldn’t find anyone to do that
when they needed the data with current iphones.
And that was just the data on the phone, not the
biometric data that is vastly more securely held.

The biometric data that is kept on the phone
very securely ONLY allows the phone to see
if the fingerprint or face matches, it can't be
reversed to produce a fingerprint or face so
even the best forensics cant take a phone that
a crim has managed to leave at the scene and
turn into a fingerprint or face so they can work
out who the criminal actually is.