ameijers

Default Help!!! What is next step after Attorney sent addendum to landlord?

"Santa" wrote in message
om...
Guys:

We bought a townhome, signed a contract, also parallally applied for
mortgage (they already sent "Good faith estimate and settling costs",
they asked me to mail it, but still I didn't sign and didn't mail),
after signing a contract, I have chosen my lawyer, then faxed contract
papers to attorney, he reviewed it and he sent me a addendum, he told
me he is going to send it to builder (I didn't even sign on that
addendum, Is it OK), after that I didn't hear anything. Could some
expert write me what are the next steps involved?.

I wanted to know what are the next steps (Closing end of Sep), in the
mean time the sales lady in builder office calling me to select the
carpet and kitchen cabinets), Could you guys suggest me what I have to
do?. Should I want to hear back from my attorney?. Appreciated for
your suggestions and thanks in advance.

Also the lender is calling me asking me whether I miled that copy back
to them?. I am in dilemma, what to do ?.

You are already paying a lawyer, which is the smart thing to do, to hold
your hand. Laws and 'standard practices' vary widely from area to area, and
anything you hear on here will be a guess at best. Call your lawyer, make an
appointment, and review all the paperwork to date. You may not even need to
meet with the actual lawyer, just the office person who actually put the
paperwork together. The bit about signing a contract and then adding an
addendum sounds flakey to me, but IANAL.

aem sends....