Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Objectifying animals. (Inc using their bodies as seats).

"T i m" wrote in message
Maybe if I had been raised a vegetarian or vegan I'd not hate vegetables
as
much;

Or if you listened to the advice you will have been given all your
life by all nutrition experts and health professionals re how you
should 'eat up your veg because it's good for you'? 'Meat and two veg'
etc?

Listening to the advice and heeding it is one thing; finding it anything
other than deeply unpleasant is another. I do eat veg - probably not far
short of the recommended five portions a day. I just don't enjoy it - it
spoils an otherwise nice meal.

obviously I wouldn't know what meat tastes like to compare with.

Quite ... but I wasn't 'raised a vegetarian or vegan' and I did 'like'
the taste of meat but I like the idea that I'm no longer killing and
exploiting animals even more.

Ah, I wasn't sure what your history was. OK so we both like(d) meat, but for
you the ethics of not harming animals was more important than liking meat,
whereas for me it's the opposite way round. We all have different
priorities.