Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Objectifying animals. (Inc using their bodies as seats).

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 14:44:27 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

speciesism is avoiding meat in favour of innocent vegetables

Nope, not in the example given / stated it isn't so once again you
manage to get something 100% wrong.

In this case the 'species' were the generally highly selective range
of often sentient creatures typically objectified / comodified by
humans for food and general exploitation.

And OOI, what do the animals you eat eat?

https://ibb.co/ynvgJmy

For me, there is one principle that trumps all others: I like meat and I
hate vegetables.

Maybe if I had been raised a vegetarian or vegan I'd not hate vegetables as
much; obviously I wouldn't know what meat tastes like to compare with. Maybe
I'd still hate vegetables, in which case I may end up living on nuts and raw
carrots/celery (the two vegetables that I like, although as a snack rather
than cooked as an accompaniment to a meal).

Knowing that a vegetarian or vegan diet is healthier and kinder to animals
is very worthy, but it's not enough on its own to persuade me to change. I
like to enjoy my food - and I wouldn't enjoy a meat-free diet. Maybe I'd eat
less if I was restricted to food that I didn't like, which up to a point
would be a Good Thing ;-)

I support keeping animals in the best conditions possible (eg free-range,
not battery hens) while still raising them to eat or to produce milk, eggs,
leather, wool etc. I am opposed to hunting and fishing, except as a source
of food.