Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Objectifying animals. (Inc using their bodies as seats).

On 02/03/2021 13:12, jon wrote:
On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 12:17:54 +0000, T i m wrote:

We do live in a strange world where people 'say' they respect and
(should / do) protect animals then do the exact opposite in what they
eat or do with their bodies or excretions?

This includes a jockey sitting on a dead horse (that had died of a heart
attack whilst on the gallops (exploitation leading to a premature
death?)) to a TV reporter drinking some cows milk in front of some dairy
cows and saying 'cheers' to them (effectively goading the mothers of
calves they haven't really seen and that were often killed or destined
for a life of servitude as a 'milk machine').

It's a disconnection (cognitive dissonance) I see over and over and
often in people who are otherwise intelligent and empathetic where they
are either ignorant of what goes on behind the scenes to provide them
their animal based food or are fully aware and just think it's all
acceptable?

Much of it is simply speciesism, people who have been indoctrinated
(historically) or brainwashed and certainly marketed to to accept that
they *need* to cause the suffering to innocent and often sentient
animals to survive or even enjoy themselves (taste / texture) when they
only do so at the cost to other species (and potentially ourselves with
health, resource use and the environment etc).

I think this explains speciesism fairly well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRk6OAseMLQ

Cheers, T i m

.......Jews and Muslims draining blood from live animals for Kosha and
Halal crap.

speciesism is avoiding meat in favour of innocent vegetables

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler