Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Troy-Bilt TB146 EC cultivator gas tank hoses

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 8:05:09 PM UTC-5, dan wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 01:02:48 -0200, dan wrote:

Is there something inside the gas tank that holds them in place?

I finally gave up on that small hose that came with the Arnold Fuel Lines
"variety pack" (PN 490-240-0008) which Home Depot sells for this purpose
Yellow 3/32" ID (4.8mm) by 3/16" OD (2.4mm) by 1' long (30.5cm)
Blue 1/16" ID (3.2mm) by 1/8" OD (1.6mm) by 1' long (30.5cm)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Arnold-1...0008/300614400

I went back to the store to buy a roll of "Everbilt 10 ft micro fuel line"
tubing HKP004-016 (sku 1000 108 022) which was a much better deal overall
3/16" OD by 3/32" ID by 10' long
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...-016/303132512

It was still difficult to push through the return gas tank hole but
otherwise it was a lot better than was that small 1/8" ID blue line.

In the future I would suggest a 10 foot roll of the Everbilt fuel line
instead of the Arnold kit given you need two feet of the same diameter.

Tomorrow I will test it out on a garden plot after checking the oil as it
says it takes 80ml of oil but I've dripped most of the oil out by all the
tipping over where there is no dipstick so I have it draining now so that I
can put in a measured 80ml of oil.

Thanks for letting me know that the Arnold stuff doesn't fit. I wasn't aware that HD
had it when I was looking for hoses and as I said, I got mine from China. But I
found out later that HD had some kind of assortment that was supposed to fit
many engines. IDK if it was Arnold, but probably it was. Now I know if I need
hose again that doesn't work. Another factor is how long they last. The China
stuff lasted maybe two years before breaking again. I would hope the Arnold
stuff is better. That's another factor, not only the size but if it lasts. I guess the
best thing is to pay some more $$ and get the official Troy-Bilt hoses.