NoOne N Particular

Default Political Campaign Funding

"???" wrote in message ...
Gary,

I can understand your concern. I have based my decision on several

things.

First and foremost: the vision thing. The Kerry campaign has its

moorings
in the strong history of America meeting the threats to its existence
through focusing on the fact that future ALWAYS has the promise of a
brighter tomorrow. WE have NEVER faced down threats to our existence by
focusing on fear of what someone else wants to do to us.

The vison thing. Great! But the devil is in the details and Kerry has not
given any details about HOW he intends to achieve any of this.

Second, I look at that benchmarks Mr. Bush chose and I look at his record

in
achieving them. Nothing but failure.

I disagree

Third, I look at which vision is better aligned with my thinking. Mr.

Bush
has consistently chosen to emphasize those things that benefit business
rather than families. Give business breaks on pollution rather than worry
about the effects on real and future human beings. Reduce the deficit on
the backs of active military by reducing "impact aid" which is the money
provided to school districts that serve military bases. Not only does

this
money offset the load incurred by adding students from homes that pay no
property taxes (base housing) to those schools, he only announced it

after
the deployments last year. Instead of giving families a real break on
prescription drug costs, he developed a plan that simply makes it easier

for
drug companies and pharmacies to charge more. The list goes on, but you

get
the idea of MY thinking.

Without business, what would family be? It's business that feeds, clothes,
houses, educates. . . Business in this country must compete in global
markets and sometimes needs help. I do think that Bush's prescription drug
program is a mess, but just wait until Kerry gets going with his national
health care. What kind of break will the families get, and what impact will
that have on drug companies, pharmacies, and other medical related
businesses?

The one thing I think we might agree on is the treatment of our service
personnel and their families. There hasn't been a president in a long time
that has taken proper care of our service men and their families.

Why Mr. Kerry? Because his vision, as very clearly laid in his speeches,
emphasizes families over business enrichment. Also, he puts his money

where
his mouth is. Not only did he mortgage his own home to risk all in the

Iowa
Primary, but he is proposing to raise his OWN taxes.

His "vision" is all talk. Take a good look at his voting record, and wait
until he starts telling us the details.

I understand that these may not be reason enough for some. But I happen

think the choice is very clear. Mr. Kerry has shown he is willing to make
his own personal sacrifices. And Mr. Bush has failed by the very

standards
he set for himself.

Your reasons are good. Just wrong.

Wayne