Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT

In message , Max
Demian writes
On 01/03/2021 19:03, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/03/2021 16:35, Tim Lamb wrote:

The general tone from the guy on their help line was invoking 2FA is
an inertia action. A bit like prime.

He didn't say but the inference was you have to actively reject it
or chose SMS / *click link*.

Is it a case that you can't log into the Amazon site from a PC
without using the 2FA?
If you receive the 2FA request via SMS (which I presume is the case
with a feature phone), is it not just a web link that you could could
type (possibly with great tedium!) manually into your browser on the
desktop? (you would presumably only need do it once, to get signed in
and then change the preference)

Change what preference? I suspect that once you activate 2FA you can't
undo it. So far I've avoided it by clicking "not now" when they ask for
my mobile number.

I think word has got round!

When I went to log in this evening, I got a *capcha* test followed by
clicking a link in an e mail.

However, there seemed no understandable way of avoiding 2FA. or of
choosing SMS ( you can select a no 2FA desk top but I suspect clearing
cookies will wreck this) I suppose deleting the mobile number would work
but it is helpful when the delivery driver needs to use it.

--
Tim Lamb