Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default OT

On 01/03/2021 19:03, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/03/2021 16:35, Tim Lamb wrote:

The general tone from the guy on their help line was invoking 2FA is
an inertia action. A bit like prime.

He didn't say but the inference was you have to actively reject it or
chose SMS / *click link*.

Is it a case that you can't log into the Amazon site from a PC without
using the 2FA?

If you receive the 2FA request via SMS (which I presume is the case with
a feature phone), is it not just a web link that you could could type
(possibly with great tedium!) manually into your browser on the desktop?
(you would presumably only need do it once, to get signed in and then
change the preference)

Change what preference? I suspect that once you activate 2FA you can't
undo it. So far I've avoided it by clicking "not now" when they ask for
my mobile number.

--
Max Demian